The Projects We Support
CCC's purpose is
to act as a channel for the love of Jesus Christ for the people of Cambodia. We do not run our own projects in Cambodia or anywhere else; we channel resources from outside Cambodia to churches, organisations and individuals whom we can trust to use them honestly and wisely.
What are these resources used for?
Children of Cambodia
Since 2008 we have been helping children who formerly scavenged on a rubbish dump to go to school and receive a cooked lunch each day. What started as our Dump Kids project has now evolved into the Children of Cambodia project to help children from poor families.
We are involved in the sponsorship of children and students at schools and colleges. Please see our Education page to learn more.
We are very excited about working with the Cambodian church to establish a Christian college in Phnom Penh. Please see our Timothy College page to learn more.
Previously Supported Projects
In the past we have:
- supported the School of Practical Ministry Cambodia, which trains pastors of indigenous, non-denominational churches;
- sponsored trainees at the Khmer School of Sewing;
- paid for a music teacher to work with the Cambodian Christian Arts Ministry;
- helped meet the costs of a school building;
- paid for computer equipment used by the Evangelical Fellowship of Cambodia;
- made a small contribution to the cost of purchasing a building for the Theological Education by Extension Association of Cambodia;
- donated toys to a pre-school;
- supported the Help for the Poor Orphanage just outside Phnom Penh, caring for 27 children.
CCC employs no staff, either in Cambodia or the UK. A volunteer provides some administrative support for CCC in Cambodia. As one of the Cambodian students whose education we have sponsored, she offers her services free of charge as a way of giving thanks to God and to our donors for the qualifications she has been able to achieve. Council members and volunteers carry out administration and fundraising in the United Kingdom.