What you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well. (2 Timothy 2:2, NIV)
While physical training is of some value, godliness is valuable in every way, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:8, NIV)
A Christian college of excellence for Cambodia
We thank the Lord for entrusting CCC with the task of helping the Cambodian church to establish a Christian college. We want to offer Cambodian Christians a high standard of education that will help them serve God in their churches and be salt and light in their communities, but we also want to see non-Christians attending courses at the college and meeting the Lord Jesus through the witness of Christian staff and students.
Timothy College will offer a general education, with courses in subject areas that are appropriate to the needs of Cambodia as it develops and rebuilds itself, and it will compete with other private colleges and universities in the country, providing accredited qualifications that are recognised internationally.
Why will the college be set up?
To offer Cambodian people a high standard of education consistent with Christian values. This aligns with Cambodian Communities out of Crisis' aim to "prepare God's people for works of service" (Ephesians 4:12, NIV.
What is the task that the college will carry out?
Providing education of the highest quality in the name of Jesus Christ.
What do we see God doing in and through the college?
- Cambodian people attaining a high standard of education, fully commensurate with the ability that God has given to them.
- College staff and Christian students freely able to share the gospel with students who do not yet know the Lord, resulting in the making of disciples of Jesus Christ.
- The college setting standards in academic excellence, quality of teaching, value for money and ethical conduct of business.
- The college becoming self-sufficient, operating under local management without the need for assistance or subsidy from outside Cambodia.
What will be important to the college? By what tests will it assess what is relevant, worth doing, working or not working?
- God is glorified and his kingdom extended
- Holy Spirit-led
- Integrity, righteousness, freedom from corruption
- Students from all races, religions and classes welcome
- No student excluded from studying because of an inability to afford fees
- Accessible to students from rural areas
- Under the authority of the Cambodian church
- Christian staff
The first step
Our first priority is to raise funds for the purchase of a site for a campus. Ideally we should like to secure a site just outside Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia: close enough to the city to be assured of good access roads, communications, electricity and water supplies, etc, but in an area where land prices are still reasonable.
A five-hectare site on the outskirts of Phnom Penh could cost up to US$4,000,000. Cambodian churches will make a contribution according to their means, but most of the money will need to come from outside the country.
You can help
Please consider investing in Cambodia's future by contributing to this project. We are parcelling up the land into £5 plots, so why not buy one, ten, a hundred, or more plots and then give them away to the Cambodian people? Please contact us for further information, or go direct to our Giving page to see how you can make a donation today.
Where to go next
Try these links: