Preparations for the Love Phnom Penh Festival, to be held in the capital city of Cambodia later this year, continue apace. The focus of the festival will be large-scale public meetings at which Franklin Graham, President of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, will be the speaker.
In recent weeks, events have been held to inform and mobilise the church for the festival, including
- Sunday School Teachers’ Meetings
- Business and Professional Leaders’ Dinner
- Youth Gathering
- Pastors’ Prayer Luncheon (attended by one of the Prime Minister’s sons)
The festival aims to attract people from outside the capital and festival involvement seminars have been held in the provinces as well as in Phnom Penh churches.
September will see the first Christian Life and Witness Course, designed to help Christians reignite their faith and share it with others, and in October there will be a major children’s event.
Local Christians meet to pray for the festival each week.
Please pray with them:
- For a resolution of uncertainties concerning official permission for the main festival meetings to take place, which may have to come from the highest level of government, and the availability of a sufficiently large-capacity venue.
- For the provision of a visa for Franklin Graham to enter Cambodia.
- For the detailed preparations taking place.
- For the mobilisation and equipping of Cambodian Christians.
- For many people to hear and respond to the gospel, be followed up effectively and be added to the church.