Watch a short video by Rev Ross Rennie, Director of CCC, of the CCC Council members’ visit to Cambodia in October 2014.
With just two full days left of the visit to Cambodia by CCC Council members Ross Rennie, Myers Cooper, Austin Allkins and Russ Bowyer, the team give thanks and praise to God for His hand upon the trip.
- After being delayed and diverted, the team and their luggage arrived safely in Cambodia.
- Council members had opportunities to preach, give testimonies and pray for the sick in a Cambodian church.
- The team visited and evaluated the Dump Kids project, strengthening CCC’s relationship with the pastor and his wife who manage the project and getting to know some of the children who are being educated, one of whom is top of her class.
- Austin and Russ, who had not visited Cambodia before, were able to discover something of the nation’s tragic history under the Khmer Rouge regime, see the living conditions of the poor and enjoy the hospitality of a Cambodian family.
- Ross and Myers renewed, and Austin and Russ forged, relationships with Cambodian Christians and church leaders.
- The team established a connection with an organisation working to rescue, rehabilitate and provide training and employment for victims of sex trafficking.
- Several of the students whose studies at university or college CCC had sponsored expressed their appreciation for the education they had received. One young woman from a poor family is now the personal assistant to the head of one of the largest non-governmental organisations working in Cambodia.
- One member of the team received healing from persistent diarrhoea and vomiting.
The team request prayer for their remaining engagements and their homeward journeys: Ross, Austin and Russel on 23/24 October and Myers on 29/30 October.
On Friday 10 October CCC Council members Ross Rennie, Myers Cooper, Austin Allkins and Russ Bowyer fly from London to Phnom Penh for a two-week visit to Cambodia.
In July, we requested prayer for:
- sufficient funds to pay all expenses of the visit;
- practical preparations: vaccinations, insurance, etc;
- protection from any enemy activity that would disrupt the trip;
- discernment of the Lord’s objectives for the visit.
The Lord has graciously answered these prayers and the team are excitedly waiting to see what He will do during their trip. Please continue to pray for points 3 and 4, also for:
- good health, safety and travel arrangements;
- unity in the team;
- wise assessment of CCC-funded projects;
- discernment of the Lord’s future leading of CCC;
- opportunities to share the good news with, pray for and bless the people we meet.
The latest edition of our newsletter, a special edition of the Cambodian Herald is available for download.
This edition features the forthcoming visit to Cambodia by a team of CCC Council members.
Please contact us if you would to receive a printed copy of this issue or go on our mailing list.